The third round is here. See the second round results here. Remember, these match-ups are based on our logo bracket’s results; not the real games.
UPDATE: Saturday, 8 teams advanced to the NCAA Logos Sweet 16:
- Kansas St. beat Syracuse 69% to 31%
- West Virginia beat Ohio St. 85% to 15%
- Colorado St. beat Marquette 62% to 38%, maybe a mild upset. Colorado St.’s logo is interesting, just a little calm and dated.
- Wisconsin beat Vanderbilt 69% to 31%
- Indiana beat Wichita St. 68% to 32%
- Kentucky beat Connecticut 62% to 38%. Again, I don’t love UConn’s logo because it’s a happy puppy, but I don’t think UK’s it very good at all.
- Colorado beat South Dakota St. 62% to 38%. Colorado’s is solid, but I’m sad to see South Dakota St. go. I love their rabbit.
- New Mexico beat Louisville 54% to 46%
Sunday, a lot of votes came in late in the night, and we had some close match-ups:
- San Diego St. beat Georgetown 65% to 35%
- Michigan St. beat Memphis 83% to 17%
- North Carolina beat Alabama 87% to 13%
- Virginia beat Missouri 52% to 48%
- South Fla. beat Michigan 65% to 35%
- Notre Dame beat Duke 70% to 30%
- Kansas beat St. Mary’s 52% to 48%
- Florida St. beat Cincinnati 57% to 43%. This was the only one of the day where I voted differently, though it was a tough choice. I still think Texas should have been in and won this one, though.
So that’s your NCAA Logos Tournament Sweet 16. I think the weakest logos to make it through are Colorado St., Kentucky, and Kansas, but those are in for the most part due to weak competition thus far. I’ve added my picks, where they’ve been different, to the bracket below. Click it to see the full size.
Come back Thursday to vote for the Elite 8!