Welcome to the second round of the NCAA Logos Tournament! The First Four saw Mississippi Valley State, BYU, Vermont, and South Florida advance. This is when the real fun starts. There will be 16 match-ups to vote on today and 16 more tomorrow. Vote below and see the full bracket at the bottom!
And remember, these match-ups are based on our results, not the real games, so Mississippi Valley St., not Western Kentucky, faces Kentucky.
UPDATE: Thursday’s results:
- Colorado St. beat Murray St. 86% to 14%
- Kansas St. beat Southern Miss 64% to 36%
- Louisville beat Davidson 89% to 11%
- Wisconsin beat Montana 79% to 21%
- Marquette beat BYU 56% to 44%
- Syracuse beat UNC-Asheville 72% to 28% in what I think was the first upset of the day. yeah, they’re more famous, but Syracuse’s logo is just a block “S.”
- New Mexico beat Long Beach St. 58% to 42% in what I thought was a tough decision. It’s very baseballish, but I liked the old-school LB lockup.
- Vanderbilt beat Harvard 76% to 24%
- Kentucky beat Mississippi Valley St. 72% to 28% in a battle of the bad. Kentucky may be famous, but its logo is just dated and bad.
- Wichita St. beat VCU 57% to 43% in another battle of the bad. VCU seriously needs an update. I think a Final Four run deserves that.
- West Virginia beat Gonzaga 80% to 20%
- South Dakota St. beat Baylor 65% to 35%. I really like this little guy.
- Connecticut beat Iowa St. 55% to 45%, which made me sad. Partly because I’m an Iowa State fan and partly because UConn’s logo is a happy puppy with his tongue out.
- Indiana beat New Mexico St. 78% to 22%
- Ohio St. beat Loyola Maryland 61% to 39%
- Colorado beat UNLV 76% to 24%
- Cincinnati beat Texas 58% to 42%. I was bummed these two had to face off early because I think they’re both good. But I’m surprised Texas didn’t win. I think it may be the best NCAA logo. I guess we can attribute this to all the huge upsets in the real tournament today.
- San Diego St. beat North Carolina St. 73% to 27%
- Alabama beat Creighton 73% to 27%
- Virginia beat Florida 64% to 36%
- Florida St. beat St. Bonaventure 82% to 18%
- Georgetown beat Belmont 70% to 30%
- North Carolina beat Vermont 100% to 0%, our first of two consecutive shutouts.
- Missouri beat Norfolk St. 100% to 0%, unlike in real life.
- Memphis beat Saint Louis 90% to 10%
- Duke beat Lehigh 60% to 40%, also unlike in real life.
- Michigan beat Ohio 80% to 20%, also also unlike in real life.
- St. Mary’s beat Purdue 80% to 20%, which surprised me a bit.
- Michigan St. beat LIU Brooklyn 55% to 45%
- Notre Dame beat Xavier 55% to 45%
- South Florida beat Temple 70% to 30%
- Kansas beat Detroit 73% to 27%